March 3, 2010
1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
I like even numbers. Six to be exact. There is a 6 in my birth date, in my husbands, my son's birth date adds up to 6, I was married on June 15 which is 6 for the month and another 6 for the 1+5, yes 6 is my number.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
Probably a 7. I am really vain about the way my make up looks like, especially my eye make up. However, I can pass a mirror without looking at it so maybe only a 6.
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
I am a hot-tempered partyer. Or at least I was. I don't party so much any more. I can be quite talkative, depending on whom I am talking to.
4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
Back when I used to gamble I was not very lucky at the casino. But not so unlucky either.
I won a drawing here in blog world.
But I am lucky in having a family that loves me no matter my faults. Sort of like God does.
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?
I think that this is a 3 part answer because there are 3 things that I especially like. I wrote a post about a dear, dear man who went missing last July, the day before his grand daughter's wedding. I didn't receive any comments on it but I felt good about writing about Pete.
I also wrote a poem, sort of. It rhymed anyway. I like that because it makes me smile. A poet I am not so this was fun.
And then I wrote a 3 part mini-story about love, aging, and death. It is special to me.
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
This year.....in like a lamb.
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
I am quite good at detecting it. My uncle used to give it to me with a smile on his face so I knew right away. I learned to recognize it that way. I also learned how to speak blarney from my uncle.
8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?
I try to be, but I am not very successful at it. We don't have recycling where I live. The county used to have recycling sheds set up but people used them for things other than recyclables. The cost got to be too much. So all of our trash gets put into one container.
9. What is your favorite song this week?
Well thanks to someone whose name I won't mention I can't get Carly Simon and You're so Vain out of my head. Plus I heard it on the radio. So I guess for this week it is that song.
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
Find a penny pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck. Then you put it in your shoe. How's that?
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."
I see less and less snow. Yea!!
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.
All I can say is thanks, now I feel really old. I am so old that evidently music had not been invented. My year was not listed. No wonder my hair is so gray, and my crows feet have legs.
The saying I used to describe March is really...In like a Lion out like a lamb, In like a Lamb out like a Lion. I guess we will have a cold end of March.