Friday, December 10, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Today our meme is based upon several reader's poll's including the current issue of InStyle Magazine. Have fun answering the prompts and be sure to visit the other participants.
Thanks for playing!
1. Do you RSVP to all of your invites over the holidays?
2. What's your best excuse for not attending a holiday function?
3. Have you ever had 'a little too much' of anything in front of your boss at a holiday celebration or done anything else that may come back at you to haunt you in the future ?
4. How many cards do you send via 'snail mail' (regular mail)?
5. How many cards do you send via email?
6.What is your exercise routine during the holiday season?
7. What is your least favorite thing about the holiday season?
8. Tell us what is your regifting policy?
9. Ever been the recipient of a re-gift?
10. What is your basic 'fat outfit' to wear after you have been sampling too much of the holiday festivities?
Friday, December 3, 2010
It has been so long since I blogged about anything that I am going to do a little bit quick catch -up.
On October 1, 2010 after 45 years being a heavy smoker, I quit smoking. It has been 2 months now and I feel better than I ever imagined I could. I guess what they say is really true...that when the time is right the quitting is easy. I smoked my last cigarette the night of September 30 and never looked back. That is not to say I have not had a craving or two, but not bad enough to go buy any. Yea me!
I became mom to baby kitties in July. We ended up keeping 2 of them. It is like having 3 year old twins around. What one doesn't think of the other does. They are adorable and sweet and fun, and affectionate. The yellow is named Butter Bean and the gray one in Lentil.
Because I have the 2 rambunctious kittens in the house I am not doing up the Christmas decorations like I normally do. But, I have to do some decorating. I have been haunting the thrift stores lately looking for additions to what I already have, that which will make a new and different arrangement on top of the entertainment center. I will post a picture when I get something figured out.
Every winter I wonder why I put myself through another Minnesota winter. I really don't like the cold, and I loath snow. We have already had winter for a month now and I am crying for April. We had a snow storm over Thanksgiving weekend, one last weekend, and another one is blowing in tonight. We have roughly 20 inches of the ugly white stuff on the ground already.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
1. What do you consider your hometown to be?
The town where I grew up and went to school. It is a suburb of Minneapolis, but it has a small town feel to it. Even today. I would still feel safe walking there at night.
2. What’s the hardest part of your average day?
3. The easiest? Why?
Getting up in the morning. I love the early part of the day. It is full of possibilities. With my first cup of coffee I spend my time reading in my Bible each morning. It is nice to have this as my quiet time with God.
4. What beverage do you reach for to quench your thirst?
Cold, cold Water. If I am really really thirsty I want a small amount of pop. Or sweet tea.
5. What is one not-so-secret goal you have for your life? I’ll let you keep your secret ones to yourself.
There are two goals into one (sort of), I want to go back to San Fransisco and spend some quality time there, and when I leave there I want to go to Maine and spend time there too.
6. What physical pain do you fear most? For example, I’m trying to decide how bad my jaw pain needs to get before I risk a potential needle from my dentist. So, for me, throbbing is preferable to jabbing.
It will have to be either the lower back pain I get when I stand for more than 10 minutes or the pain I get in my hands and left arm when I have done too much crocheting. Either one limits me on what I can do.
7. Where do you find solace?
In the morning with my Bible. Or with my cats on my lap.
8. What makes you the saddest when you read/see the news?
I hate to see the abuse/neglect (isn't neglect really abuse?) of children. It makes my blood boil when I see what people do to the precious gift that they have been given.
9. What do you eat for a favorite snack?
Cookies. Chocolate. Chocolate cookies would be divine.
10. What movie could you/would you watch more than two or three times and still enjoy just as much as the first time?
For a newer movie it would be "Sahara" with Matthew McConaughey and Steve Zahn. It is a fun movie to watch. I could watch The Sound of Music over and over. And do. My all time favorite movie is "Now Voyager".
11. What boy/girl first made you cry?
Oh my! I am not sure I can remember back that far. But I would guess it was 9th grade because I was the new kid in the school.
12. What brand of coffee/tea do you drink most often?
If I have to I drink Folger's Breakfast Blend. I prefer McGarvey coffee, but is hard to find here. I have to go to the city to buy it.
13. Dig in the dirt with or without garden gloves?
EWWW. Do I really have to put my hands in dirt? I don't like my hands and nails to get dirty. If I have to dig in dirt I will take 3 pairs of gloves please.
14. James Taylor or Carly Simon?
James Taylor all the way.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Feel free to stop back and visit other player’s posts. Have a great week. See you next Sunday!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
He is truly missed.
We knew we had to find homes for them, and one did go to my cousin. This was before Tub died. Even without talking about it the other two were here to stay. They had made this their home and into our hearts. The little Yellow one is named Butter Bean and the grey one we kept is Lentil.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
2. Name the last thing you fixed.
3. Name your A) Favorite item of makeup OR B) Favorite tool
4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?
5. Which room could use re-decorating?
6. Share something unique about your town.
7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?
8. Do you Facebook?
9. Describe your favorite shoes.
10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?
11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?
12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
3. What is your favorite board game?
4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
10. Are you a crafty person?
11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.
Monday, May 31, 2010
I am wearing.....navy blue capris, royal blue top, socks and slippers.
I am hearing.....a Sherlock Holmes program my husband has taped from WPT.
I am creating.....an embroidered table cloth.
I am going.....to the library later this week and to the thrift store.
I am reading.....nothing right now...hence the trip to the library.
I am praying.....for a friend who has to have hip replacement surgery on Wednesday.
I am remembering.....My uncles, cousins, and father who all served in the military. They are gone from me now, but I look forward to seeing them again one day.
I am hoping.....that my gray cat Randy comes home. He has been missing since last Thursday. He is so sweet and loving. I miss him.
Noticing that... that the blackberry bushes have lots and lots of flowers this year. I hope that means we will have a large crop of berries come August.
Pondering these words.....but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
From the kitchen.....venison stew tomorrow, pork ribs and sour kraut with potatoes and carrots later this week, and I need to make some bread dough.
Around the house....clean clothes that need to be put away, a living room floor that needs to be vacuumed, and dusty furniture.
One of my favorite things.....the missing kitty's name is Randy. If anyone sees him please tell him his mama is worried about him.
A few plans for the rest of the week.....an eye appointment to check on the eye that just had surgery and to schedule the next eye. Trip to library, yarn store, and thrift store.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Sunday Stealing: The Just Because Meme
1. Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up.
The woods, my husband, a cat, birds outside the window, a to be read reading list.
2. How do you style your hair? How often do you cut it?
It is very short. I have it cut about every 3 months, but i always seem to cut it myself between professional cuts. My hairdresser says that I add texture.
3. What are you wearing now?
4. What's your occupation? Do you like it?
Housewife. Most of the time
5. When was the last time that you took a nap? Was there a special reason?
I fell asleep reading Friday morning. I guess the reason was because I was tired?
6. Who was the last person you hugged romantically?
8. What was the last full meal that you ate?
Pork, pasta, green vegetable, and applesauce.
9. What was the last email that you received?
10. What one website do you always visit when you go online?
Blogger and FB
11. What was the last significant thing you bought?
Do groceries count?
12. What musical artist did you not get at first, but then became a fan?
Moby or Flogging Molly
13. What do you think about before you go to bed last night?
Plans for my day today.
14. What was the last CD you bought?
A Harry Conick Jr. Christmas CD
15. What is your favorite weather, and why? What's the weather like today?
Sunny, 68, low humidity, mild breeze. Lovely like that. Today is hot...86 and muggy.
16. If you could have a special artistic talent, what would it be?
I would love to be able to sing well. I sing now loudly but not well.
17. Did you watch the Idol 9 finale? If yes, what are your thoughts?
I have never ever watched any Idol.
18. What's something you'd like to say to someone right now?
What? Are you out of your mind??
19. Any special plans for this (holiday in the States) weekend?
None, sad to say.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I think going to a party. Then I can go home when I want and not worry about the guests. I don't have to wait for them all to be ready to go home.
2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.
My cousin's wedding reception. It is where I met my husband.
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?
I hope to hear, "Well done good, and faithful servant."
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?
The lightness it brings to the day.
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?
I prefer to bring my own gift. I like to shop. I like to get creative in my gift giving. I like to be independent.
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?
A free week of housecleaning works for me. That would mean the dishes would be cleaned and the kitchen cleaned which is the worst part of cooking anyway.
7. What song describes your mood today?
A song about arguing would fit today. That is what I have done most of today with the husband.
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)
I can't answer this question. I didn't have nay bridal showers. At work I was the one who planned those things, and I couldn't very well plan my own. At home I don't know why I didn't have any.
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?
10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"
Today during the 3 hour long argument. The D word was said.
11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."
Potato chips are a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop. Or chocolate cookies.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
She is just about 1 year old this month. Of course we don't know the exact date because her mommy kept her and her litter mates well hidden until they were about 8 weeks old. Out the three kitties, she is the only one who is friendly towards us.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Welcome to Monday Mayhem.
This week's meme is called "What are you thinking"?
For each scenario, give your interpretation of what the person may have been thinking.
1. The person with 40 items in the 12 items or less line.
, "I am so so busy. I just know that I am the busiest person in the whole entire world. Not only that I am most special in everything that I do. I know that the 12 item rule does not apply to me. Who would deny my the fast lane? Silly me. No one would!"
2. The driver who is smoking and talking on a cell phone while driving.
" Look at me I am multi-talented. I can talk, smoke, and drive all at the same time. I don't need to flick my ash or even put the cigarette out while I drive because I will just throw it out the window. I don't need my hands to be free to hang onto the steering wheel because I am that most talented person. I can steer with my knee."
3. The father with 8 children and a TV show who cheats on his wife...over and over again...
"I have heard the phrase sex addiction. I am not a sex addict. I am a cheating addict. "
4. Facebook and their security features.
"If security is necessary, we have enough features to make even the most paranoid person feel secure."
5. Heidi Montag
"I love myself. And it shows."
6. People who attempt to sell Viagra via spam comments.
"To quote P.T. Barnum, "There is a sucker born every minute."
7. Those wonderful shoppers who catch up on their phone calls while shopping.
"Why are all these people looking at me?" I am speaking as quietly as I can. If they don't want to know about Jasen's problem they should not listen in on a private conversation."
8.People who find themselves on the People of Walmart website.
"Darn I look good ....today"
10. People with multiple-multiple piercings.
" I think I have problem. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for people like me."
11. Blog Stalkers
"I am such a chicken. I should really take my talent out into the real world and do this for a living." "I could teach a class."
12. In-laws who are controlling or bossie.
"She just doesn't understand my son. She doesn't know that he needs to have his tidy whiteys ironed. If she didn't work outside the home she would have time. She is not the one for him. I will have to see what I can do to get him to change his mind about her." I am such a good mom"
13. People who use or wear items and then attempt to return them.
"Oh my!" "What will I do now?" "I knew grape juice left a stain. How can I return this now?" " I should never have agreed to hold that baby." "Maybe if I dye the entire gown purple they will never know that It has been worn.' "Yep that's what I will do. And if they question it I will make such a scene that they will pay me just to get me out of the store." "I'm so clever."
14. You share one with us :)