March 24, 2010
The theme is Spring . . . and any other random questions that crept in.
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
I love to hear the Canadian geese fly overhead on their way back home. I like to watch the buds on the trees start to appear. Those are sure signs of Spring.
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
I was not at home, but my husband remembered to set them ahead. I reminded him. I love daylight savings time. I am always eager for the day to start.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
It's a toss up between tomatoes and sweet corn. I have never had any luck with either one. Now I buy them at a produce stand.
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?
I think oranges or bananas. You can do many things with both. But I truly love avacadoes. Hmmm, may I have all three?
5. What is your least favorite insect?
The kind that fly or crawl or bite or sting.
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
Only if I forget my water bottle. I need a bottle of water in the car when I am shopping and try to bring mine everywhere. IF I have to buy it it will be whatever is cheapest with a sport top.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
Before we got Culligan as a monthly service for reverse osmosis I don't think ours was very healthy. It is full of rust and small grains of sand.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
I aim for 10 but it is usually around 8 1/2.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
We used to watch David Copperfield on the television.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
When I was in college there was a magician in the student center one day. He also did hypnosis. I was onstage. This is also my most embarrassing moment. Enough said.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite?
I think I prefer Westerns because I know who the good guy is. In a gangster movie sometimes I find myself rooting for the bad guy. Not a good thing.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
Maine. I love the looks of it. The craggy rocks and the ocean are beautiful. Plus I love lobster.