Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunday Stealing - March 6, 2010

Sunday Stealing
March 6, 2010

1. Are you currently in a serious relationship?

Yes, I have been married almost 20 years.
2. What was your dream growing up?
I wanted to be a farmer's wife and have lots of kids.
3. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could sing well. I sing badly now but very loudly. I would like to sing loudly but well.
4. If I bought you a drink, what would it be?
In a restaurant is would be root beer, with pizza it would be beer.
5. What was the last book you read?
The High and Lonesome by Hal Borland.
6. What zodiac sign are you?
Libra
7. Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.

Two in my left ear, one in my right. I thinking of getting a little one by the side of my nose but am wondering if I am too old at 54.
8. Worst habit?
Smoking.
9. What is your favorite sport?

Winter Olympics
10. Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?

I am the eternal optimist.My family says I wear rose colored glasses. I say I look darn good in them.
11. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
WOW! How serious should this be? OK not so much. I slammed my finger in the car door when I was about 16 and now that finger nail doesn't grow very long.
12. Tell me one weird fact about you.
I can't drive a stick shift because I am left handed. I can't get my right hand to shift while the left foot is doing something different.
13. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Clowns are fun. Very cute.
14. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
I would have thick, luscious hair.
15. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
It would depend on the crime. If the consequences could mean jail time, I would be your conscience. If it were a crime of fun I would be a partner.
16. Ever been arrested?
Yes, I spent the night in a North Carolina jail. Waiting to sober up so I could drive the guys I was with home. They were worse off than I was.
17. If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Pay down debt with some, have fun with some.
18. What's your favorite place to hang out at?
If one were closer to where I lived it would be a bookstore, or a yarn shop.
19. Do you believe in ghosts?
I lived in a haunted house. Yes I am a believer even though I know I shouldn't be.
20. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Read, or knit.
21. Do you swear a lot?
No, in fact instead of saying cr**, I say crumb. But, if I am really , really angry I can let it fly.
22. Biggest pet peeve?
The words pet peeve. Plus know-it alls who really know nothing.
23. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
Fun.
24. Do you believe/appreciate romance?

Not after 20 years of being married.
25. Do you believe in God?
Absolutely.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Feel free to stop back and visit other player’s posts. Have a great week. See you next Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. I never thought of how being left-handed would affect driving ....... gonna be puzzling over that next time I get in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived in a haunted house as well. So I am a believer.
    In New Zealand we drive on the left hand side of the road so the gear stick is on the left as well. I never had any trouble with this but my sister never got the hang of it. We have always put it down to poor hand/foot coordination but the fact that she is right handed probably never helped either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are never too old for a nose pierce, dear.

    Happy Sunday!

    hugs
    shakira

    I WANNA BE

    MORE ABOUT ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wondered about left handed people driving sticks.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/how-to-make-money-blogging-im-game-and-stealing/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow-is that the reason why I cannot drive stick shift? I just thought it was because I was just inept! But perhaps being left-handed presents a reasonable explanation now! Never considered that. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow a farmers wife how cool. Did you marry your farmer and have lots of kids?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never received so many comments from one post, I don't think.
    My not being able to drive a stick is truly because of my left handedness. However there are other things I can't do either. Such as, I can't use a scissors, or a serrated knife because they have the sharp edge on the wrong side.I also have sew on my machine differently than a right handed person.
    In answer to the question about being married to a farmer, no I didn't marry a farmer. But, I do live in the country, in the middle of the woods. And I have 1 child. I am lucky and pleased to have him.
    Thank you all for leaving a comment. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete