Monday, March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook
March 8, 2010


For Today… Monday, March 8, 2010

Outside my window...
gloomy. cloudy. Fog this morning. But and this is huge...the snow is melting. There is hope for Spring.

I am thinking...
about getting a very small piercing in my nose. I mean very small. I saw one and it was so cute. But I am worried that I may be too old. I am also thinking that I might start doing a more day to day type blog. Like what most people do. I am a little worried that I don't have enough to write about. However, it would be a perfect place for me to have a voice. I don't want to be all negative. I only have 25 followers and would hate to lose any. Some prayer is needed on this.

I am thankful for...
God who will forgive me even when I find it hard to forgive myself.


I am wearing...
dark green pants, lavender sweater, socks, and slippers.

I am going...
to make sure the house is clean by Friday. I won't be here for a few days and don't want to come home to a mess.

I am reading...
"High, Wide, and Lonesome" by Hal Borland. It is about his family and when they relocated from Nebraska to Colorado in the early 1900s.


On my mind...
my son. He turns 26 this month.

I am hoping...
to get some things ready for sale on eBay this week. It has been a long time since I have done that, but now I really need to clear things out.

I am learning...that I don't like the idea of growing older and don
t know what to do about it.



From the kitchen…
pork chops, mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus w/hollandaise sauce. Tomorrow baked fish, risotto, brussell sprouts.

From around the house...laundry to be put away. A sweet treat to be baked. Kitties to be played with.

Some plans for the rest of the week...
a haircut, grocery shopping, and pharmacy on Wednesday. Packing on Thursday. Travel on Friday.

I am going to try to add some photos of the baby blanket I crocheted, the hat, and the booties. I hope it works.



I needed a model. I don't have any baby dolls. This is a hooded blanket. The booties are of 2 different styles, a regular type and a Mary Jane kind.



The hat is a simple crochet. I don't make very good tassles but I think it is kind of cute.



The booties.



The blanket has a hood that is crocheted right onto a corner. The hood can be seen more clearly in the picture with the dog (stuffed).

3 comments:

  1. The booties, hat, and blanket you crocheted are so pretty. I love the color!! I understand what you are saying about sometimes not feeling like you have much to say on your blog--I feel the say way about mine most of the time!! Have a good evening! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a nose piercing..loved it! I had to take out for a job though. It closed up incredibly quick, overnight, so if you get it and decide you don't like it, it's an easy fix. :)

    I would get it again, but have really bad allergies which caused me some issues with the nose piercing, so I've decided not to do it again. I miss it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got so excited when I saw that you had posted pics of your crocheted baby items. They are so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I really need to get out my crochet needles and start again--before I forget how. It was quite a feat to learn how because I am left-handed and I learned to crochet right-handed. Take care, Kathy

    ReplyDelete