February 24, 2010
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Yes, I have. I used to go deer hunting.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
No,I don't. My closest childhood friend (after a 20 yr friendship) accused me of stealing money from her aunt. End of friendship. The other friends were into things that I decided I needed to leave behind.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
Maybe 10 minutes early for doctor appointments. Otherwise on time.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Definitely New York. I can't sit still. And when I do sit I have to be doing something.
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
Yes, it is Drift Away by Dobie Grey. Loved that song then and still do.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
On television it would be "M.A.S.H.", or "Everybody Loves Raymond" for obvious reasons.. In a movie form it would be "Grumpy Old Men" probably because it was original. Maybe "One Fine Day" too.
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
Yes, I have and do cut my own hair. My hair dresser says that I add texture to my hair and give her a challenge. I can't afford to go as often as I should for a hair cut so I resort to self-help.
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
Both need so much help that I can't give a definitive answer.
10. Are you allergic to anything?
11. Why is it so hard to change?
Because (1) we get comfortable in the way we think or act.
(2) change means breaking an old habit and making a new one
(3)change is an adventure into the unknown and the unknown can be scary.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
To be vulnerable is to open your heart to someone when you don't know what their response will be to you. Vulnerability leaves yourself open to possible hurt. Children, the old, and animals are the most vulnerable.