Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen - Februaury 10, 2010

Random Dozen
February 10, 2010


1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I would say I am grumpy, because I just want to be left alone. My husband wants to take care of me and tell me which medications I need to take. I listen and groan inside. I know he is trying to be kind but I just want to scream. So, yeah grumpy.

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?

It doesn't affect me any more, but when my son got a snow day we loved it. We spent the day sleeping or coloring or baking. I liked the time together.

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?

Keeping my kitchen clean.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?

Nope.

5. What song is on your mind today?
I don't know the title. It is by Patty Lovelace. It is about a mom teaching her daughter how to say good-bye. That it is OK to hurt, and that it is OK to cry. Sad song but feel good too.

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?

I have all time favorties in both catagories.

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.

I am really very good at it. One time some one I was working with cut his finger off, and I was able to keep him calm while I walked him to the nurses office. After he was taken care of I passed out. I don't like blood. Another time my husband had hurt himself, but I didn't want to upset our son so I was just oh so cool. It wasn't until later that I went to pieces.

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse?
His chivalry. He treated me like a lady. After some really bad guys, he was just so perfect.

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
From physical exertion? When I brought the groceries in today. From romance? I can't remember.

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?

I went to Catholic school, we didn't do Valentines Day.

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?

Dove or Bliss. Dark or regular. Chocolate is chocolate.

12. Red or pink?

Definitely red. Yes definitely.

2 comments:

  1. Your answers were fun to read. I am so with you on being cool and calm in a crisis and then falling apart later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers! I love that Patty Lovelace song, was it How Can I Help You to Say Goodbye?

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete