Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook
February 23, 2010


For Today… Monday, February 22, 2010

Outside my window...
it was sunshine all the way. The air was crisp but oh so very fresh. It was a day that made my heart sing because the sun was so bright.

I am thinking...
about my mom this week. It would be her birthday on the twenty-fifth. She always loved to celebrate her birthday. On her birthday she would smoke one cigarette and have a couple of glasses of wine. That was always part of her celebration. She has been gone since 1991 and I miss her still. She was such a large part of my life. I feel fortunate to have had her as my mom.


I am thankful for...
my small belssings. Yesterday I needed to remind myself of all of the things I DO have in my life not of the things I DON'T have. One of the blessing I reminded myself of was God's love. I often forget that this is really the greatest blessing of all.


I am wearing...
navy blue pants, a blue and white hoody, slippers and socks.


I am going...
to the library and the pharmacy tomorrow. The doctor has given me two new medications to try and rid myself of pain especially my hands and thighs.

I am reading...
I got a great deal on several books from the Grace Chapel series and am making my way through them. I love this series about the three sisters who set up a bed and breakfast in their family home. I am also reading a legal mystery and a Nancy Drew mystery.


On my mind...
my aunt. She had a death in her family over the weekend. I worry that she is not coping well.

I am hoping...
that the new meds make a huge difference in the way I feel each day. I don't like pain. I am also hoping to get to my aunt's in the next couple of weeks.

I am learning...
patience when learning a new crochet pattern. It seems that every two rows I have to rip out because the pattern doesn't end correctly. Before I would have just given up but I am determined to see this pattern to the end.


Pondering these words...
a bit of humor. "I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use, and the friends I have."

From the kitchen…
tuna casserole, green beans, and salad, tomorrow chili with cornbread, Thursday baked chicken with dressing, beets, and a salad.


Around the house...
laundry, and dishes need to be done. I need to mix up some bread dough also. I haven't made bread since Christmas and my husband is groaning.


One of my favorite things...
good friends.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
trying to get the house clean, thinking ahead to Easter plans, and calling my aunt.

No picture to share this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I hope your pain meds help with the pain. No fun being in pain.

    Crocheting sounds nice...need to try that again. This week I found a stray doll bootie that I'd crocheted for my daughter over 25 years ago. I used to make all kinds of doll clothes for her dolls.

    The weather has been so pretty here for the past 3 days. I hate to see winter come back, but I know it will. Spent the day at the park with Madison and Brandy today. Fun! Hurry up spring...Have a great day! Kathy

    ReplyDelete