February 3, 2010
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Guilty. But, I figure I didn't ask them to send them to me and they always say that the labels are a gift. I would be at fault if I didn't use them.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
That's a tough one. However, I think it has to be the night sky. I have memories of time with my son looking at the night sky. It was a rule in our house that if something exciting was supposed to happen during the night in the sky we would either stay up late or set the alarm to wake us up to watch it. We watched Halle's comet go by, many Northern Lights, and I remember another comet but can't remember the name. After he started to work/date he was under orders to wake me if something were taking place while I slept. Even now he will call me to keep me informed.
So yes, it would be the night sky. Sorry about the length of my answer.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I had squid. I tried it deep-fried with a light batter, sauteed with onion,pickled, and raw. I have to say I will never eat it again.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
I believe I have. At a river, after a rain the rocks along the shore sing a song. Also rocks that are hot sing.
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
I'd like to learn American Sign Language. I think I could learn that language and put it to good use.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
"She loved life and the Lord."
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
TAM, because those are my initials. I like that my initials are also a word. A word that is a hat and I adore hats.
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
In recent years it was "The West Wing" but I could always record it to view later. In the 70s it was "M.A.S.H." the world stopped spinning when that show was on. In the 80s it was "Dallas", a bunch of us would be out together and leave where ever we were, race to a home , watch the show, and then go back out for our evening.
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
I have a loud a-chuw with the w sound going up on the scale. Someone I had not seen in a few years heard a sneeze come from a different aisle in a store. He knew it was me just by the sound.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
I do a little bit of both. I read our local paper but find it lacking. Lacking in even local events. It is a biased paper and I get frustrated. I read online the national news.
11. Are you a good speller?
I think I am. The problem with spelling online is a person just doesn't take the time to make corrections. And sometimes the correct spelling of a word doesn't look right and then I misspell it. Then that doesn't look right so I don't know what to do. I usually substitute a different word.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?
I don't eat lunch.