Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook
January 4, 2010


Outside my window
today was cold. Or maybe very cold. The high today was -2. No warm up this week.

I am thinking of all that I have to do before Sunday. My son comes with his family to have Christmas.


I am thankful for my washer and dryer. I did laundry today and was reminded of a time when I had to go to the laundromat. I was certainly thankful not to have to go out in the cold today.

I am wearing
a green fleece sweater, a turtleneck shirt in different greens, and sweats, and of course slippers and socks.


I am remembering
seeing one of the feral cats today that I have not seen since fall. I am glad she is still with us. My husband said she was in the garage. Good for her!

I am currently reading
nothing. I am waiting to start a Nancy Drew mystery tomorrow night.

I am hoping we don't get any snow this week. I want good weather so that we can have Christmas on Sunday.

On my mind
nothing that is bothering me. I am in surprisingly good spirits considering that it is still winter and not spring.

Noticing that gas has gone up again. I knew I should have filled up last week before it jumped again. Ten cents up from last week at this time.

Pondering these words
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8


From the kitchen
for tomorrow we are having chicken breasts wrapped with bacon in a cheesy sauce, broccoli and a salad.

Around the house
is nice clean laundry, Christmas decorations still up (love them), and a whistling husband (love him too).

One of my favorite things
SPRING!!

From my picture journal....


The bookcase my cousin made me for Christmas.



Bookcase beginning to get filled.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great writing prompts.

    I need to be more thankful for my washer and dryer. I can't even imagine having to go to the laundromat. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete