2nd Cup of Coffee
January 20, 2010
1. If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
I would be 25. I was having the time of my life at 25. I was still being carded at 25, for tobacco and drinks. I looked good, I was happy.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
I guess it would have to be my potato salad. I don't like potato salad but my family is always asking me to make it so it must be good. I make a really good meat loaf too.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
I go catalog shopping. With a catalog you can order anything you care to without worrying about the cost. I usually fill out the order form and then throw the catalog out. I also look online for new catalogs. I fix my hair and put on a full face of make-up.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
The last time I was in the city at my friends house. We were listening to music in Wal-Mart and we just started to dance in the aisle. It was so spontaneous and so much fun. Her daughter saw us, shook her head, and walked away. We laughed right out loud then.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
Just a second while I clean my rose colored glasses and get the sand out of my eyes. I am a huge dreamer. I like my life happy and refuse to see the negativity in it.
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
I taught my son how to be respectful of all people. Even those people that you don't happen to like very much.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
That would be Opie. My son looked just like him when he (my son) was younger. Opie is so cute and makes me all squishy inside. I could just hug the stuffing out of him. I try to do that to my son too.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Maybe between a 4 and a 6. But not 5 really just somewhere in there.
9. What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Tailgaters. Not only are they irritating but dangerous. I hate it when I am in the right lane on the freeway and they creep up behind me. It's like where am I supposed to go? If they want to drive faster they should be in the fast lane. Oh don't get me started.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
I am alert. I am lacking energy. I am in good spirits. I feel like I have had too much coffee but haven't. What color it that?
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
If it is the middle of the night I would say a hog because he hogs the bed.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Reading or needlework.