Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random Dozen _ January 27, 2010

Random Dozen
January 27, 2010

1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
Not very. If I want it, I want it now. Not later. Like Spring.

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Oh I would say that putting chocolate in front of me would be a test. Or ice cream.

3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
About a 3 - 5. Not so much.

4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
I waited and waited what seemed forever to be 21 and then to be 30. I don't know what the big deal was for either age. Forty on the other hand .... and then there was 50...

5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Shortcuts as in driving? Yes I do. Shortcuts for cooking? Of course. Shortcuts for life? There are none.

6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
As impatient as I am, I am really good at waiting in line. I just talk to people around me or make mental lists. But if I must state a line it would be in stopped traffic.

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
He was not facing the correct way to tell, but I knew anyway. I just did.

8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
Neither really. If the truth be told I don't much care for kids. Except mine, and those who are close to me. But when kids are young I don't want to be around them. As for the elderly I am getting better at being patient with them. My aunt is so sweet and has helped me with that a lot and my husband is what you would call elderly and he is difficult but I have to try with him.

9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
As a kid I one time looked at all the Christmas gifts. It really wrecked the Christmas. My mom found a new hiding place the following year.

10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
Wait? You mean I am supposed to wait? Whyyyyy?

11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
Scary as it is I have more patience.

12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)

A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James

I only recognize the one by Carly Simon so I guess that one. But I don't know for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. I love # 10. And isn't it amazing how much better 40 looked then 50...I'm not so sure about 60. But it is better than the alternative! Thanks for sharing!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like me... I'll chat with people in lines.. hehe!!

    Love the Rebecca St. James song too!

    ReplyDelete