Saturday, January 2, 2010

Food 4 Thought Friday - January 1, 2010

Food 4 Thought
January 1, 2010


Breakfast
How did you ring in the NEW YEAR and NEW DECADE?
Did the computer thing, ate chicken wings, went to bed at about 2 after watching a movie of Ma and Pa Kettle.

Lunch
What will you remember about 2009?
In 2009 I got dentures and can now smile without being self-conscious. I had two cataract surgeries. My son moved closer to home. He has a step family now that we are getting to know. I will remember the death of Patrick Swayze. He was my favorite actor. I will remember the death of Senator Edward Kennedy. He was a great American. I only he wish he had lived to see health care reform become law.

Dinner

What are your expectations for 2010?
For me personally I would like to become more organized this year, more healthy, and to stay non smoking. For us as a country I would like to see the actual passage of health care reform and it enacted, I would like to see all of our service personnel come home from the war zones. Maybe a bit unrealistic but still...


Midnight Snack

If you could go back and change anything about 2009, what would it be and why?
I would have the Nobel committee not elect President Obama to receive the award because too much was made of it. Too much energy wasted.
I would be better organized so that I would not have so much to do this year. I would found a job (eek), I would have become more healthy so that I wouldn't have to work so hard at it this year. I would have kept in touch with old friends better.

Recipe of the Week

(instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)

This week I am having Christmas with my son and his family. I just want to have a lovely time. I am going to keep the house clean so I don't have to rush around at the last minute to do everything. I am going to sleep well every night (well I pray I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment