Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random Dozen - December 9, 2009

Random Dozen
December 9, 2009


1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
I have finally accepted that my hair will never be thick and wavy. It is the opposite, it is very thin on top and board straight. If I could take some of the hair from the back of my head, I would have thick hair on top. As it is I have to do a comb over, much like Trump's (well maybe not that bad).

2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
I guess the best TV mom would have to be Carolyn Engels from Little House. She just epitomizes mother of any era. Or maybe what we want our mom's to be like. But she was a great mom.

3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
No, I do not speak any foreign languages. I can't even make sense of pig latin. I think maybe I would like to learn German. Just because someday I would like to go and see where my family originated from.

4. Who is your personal hero?
That would have to be Senator Edward Kennedy. He is my hero because with all of the personal family tragedy that he faced, the personal ramifications from Chappaquidick, he still was elected into office time and time again. He stood by his beliefs. He fought for the average American. Even with family money he did not forget about us. I am only sorry he did not live long enough to see the fruit of his service, health care reform.

5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
I have a real problem with the cookies, the breads, the candy. Anything sweet automatically has my name on it.

6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
When I was a child we had these two little elf like stuffed things. I had named one Dinky and the other's name I can't remember. I still have them and set them out every Christmas. They are kind of thread bare now but I would miss them if they were gone.

7. How do you feel about snow?
If I lived somewhere where I didn't have to deal with it, I would like it. However, because I live in Minnesota and living 22 miles from town, I have to take it into consideration when making any winter plans. I really really dislike snow.

8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
I usually get about 7 hours of sleep (sorry), if I sleep past 8 AM I think I have wasted the whole day.

9. Tell me about your first crush.
It was in ninth grade. He sat in front of me in Social Studies. I had it bad. I kept writing Mrs. and his name over and over again. He didn't even know I was alive. LOL

10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
I would have to write very tiny, but I would start a story that has been floating around in my head for a while. I keep putting off writing it but stuck in a room for 2 hours I would have no excuse.

11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
I am always too warm so I dress for comfort. However, I keep emergency warm things in the car for the just in case scenario.

12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
It isn't Christmas until I have seen "White Christmas", it is my all time favorite. Followed with a close second of "Holiday Inn".

No comments:

Post a Comment