Friday's Fave Five
December 18, 2009
1. I am so pleased to be rid of the mouse condo in my heater. It was very cold on Monday when I drove the hour and a half to the dealership for a fix. I could not turn on the heater and had to have a window open to keep the windshield from frosting over.
Turns out it was not just a mouse house but a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo the rascals had built. They must have gotten hungry because they had also chewed the spark plug wires. They had to be replaced. But I do have heat again.
2. I finished all of my wrapping yesterday. I got all of the paper snippets cleaned up. I found my coffee table again. I knew it was under there somewhere. While I was wrapping I needed a new tape. So I opened a box to put into the dispenser, but it wouldn't work. My husband then took over. He tired to get the tape to unroll but it kept breaking. I finally got tired of waiting and opened a different roll. He had more fun trying to get that tape to work. It never did work correctly. He ended up with no tape on the spool and a whole lot of little pieces in his lap. We had lots of laughs.
3. I am finally far enough along that I can bake tomorrow. I am going to make Peanut Blossoms. Then I am going to make Paula Dean's Ooey Gooey Cake. If you have never tried this please do a Google. It is well worth the search. If I knew how to provide a link I would do that for you. But alas I do not.
4. I heard from a cousin yesterday that I had not talked to in about 10 years. She and her brother were adopted by my aunt. For whatever reason when my aunt died they thought that no one in my family would want anything to do with them. They were so wrong. I got all of her information and her brother's . I sent off an email right away. This is like a Christmas present. I have great memories of them.
5. I do not have to go into any store from now until the week after New Years. I feel so lucky. Almost guilty. Almost I said. I never thought it would happen, but I am shopped out. I don't even want to shop online. This is a new phenomenon for me. I will enjoy it while I can. I think.
Merry Christmas everyone.
May God shine all of his blessing down on you and yours.