December 2, 2009
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? Sometimes I am like the wicked witch from the west. I try hard not be that way but sometimes it just comes out. Most of the time I am like Aunty Em, sweet, loving, kind, and bossy.
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why? I usually pick out my pants first. Because they are easier to get out of the dresser drawer than any top I have.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without? Are spiders considered part of the animal kingdom? Are snakes? Are any creepy crawlies? I think the world could live without anything that has more than 4 legs or no legs.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home? This year there will be only one tree. Most years there are 2. One year there was 3.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak? Wow, that is a hard one. If I am emotionless then I could not feel joy. I could not laugh. But then on the other hand I would never know the pain of loss, the pain of failure, or of betrayal. I don't think I could trade one for the other. I guess I have to have the ability to feel pain so that I might feel anything at all.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
I used to feel a sort of let down feeling. But I recognize now that it was part of mourning my mom. She loved Christmas. I tried to keep her traditions going long after she died and they never reached her standards. I have since learned to make my own traditions and to adapt her's to my way of doing things. Also, if I do get a little down, I remind myself of the real reason for this lovely season. In all the excitement and preparations I think we forget what the real reason is. I always feel better after a gentle prompting from the Holy Spirit as to the Real season.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music? What's to like? No, I do not.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma? I think it is because teeth are one of the first things you see on a person. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with getting any kind of procedure done that you can afford to have done. Believe me when I say that if I could afford to, I would have it all done.
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
When I was a kid I did. I have not been in over 35 years, not since I was thrown from a horse and landed on the hood of a car.
10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
Pretty much practical these days. Up until I was 35 I never wore flats, I never owned a pair of sneakers. I wore stilettos most of the time and the rest of the time just very tall shoes. My ankles gave way and now my shoes are flat.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic. My first pet was a black Cocker Spaniel. His name was Teddy. He knew his treats were kept on top of the piano. When he wanted a treat he would jump up onto the piano bench and pound on the keys.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? 99.99% is finished. Just one more to buy.