December 16, 2009
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
Yes. I don't especially care for ginger cookies but I do like a gingerbread house. I have never made one but they are sure cute to look at.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
It is very important. These are the people who love me unconditionally.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
Mrs. Claus. I would have her over to do my baking. Christmas is little over one week away and I have no cookies or fudge or anything baked. I could use Mrs. Claus.
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
Scrooge is the way I am feeling right now. I love Christmas but I am really starting to stress out. Nothing is going right. Or maybe it would a Charlie Brown Christmas.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
I love the classic Christmas songs..."What Child is This?", "Do You Hear What I Hear?", "Away in the Manger", and "O Come All Ye Faithful". I never get tired of hearing them, I would like to hear them on the radio all year.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
I can't afford to do much but I always drop a few coins in the Salvation Army kettles and I try to buy something for Toys for Tots, and I give to the local food shelf.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
Yes it offends me to see Xmas. It has removed Christ for the celebration. Happy Holidays is OK because it could encompass the new year.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
None. I don't know anyone who is in one.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
No I am not dreaming of a white Christmas, brown is fine with me. However, living in Minnesota we will probably get some snow.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
I remember my first Barbie. She was beautiful. Well she's Barbie so of course she is beautiful. But she had the first positionable legs and arms. OHHHHH! She had short dark hair cut in a very attractive bob. She came with Ken and with Skipper, and with Midge. I was so excited. I do have pictures but no scanner at the moment.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
Just the one at my house next week. We don't party much.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
I pray a lot right now. I try to listen to more traditional Christmas hymns than contemporary songs. I look at my manger often.