Friday, December 4, 2009

Food For Thought Friday - December 4, 2009

Food For Thought Friday
December 4, 2009


Breakfast
Are you a "real" Christmas tree fan or "artificial"

We had a real tree for years. But I got tired of finding needles in July. I bought our first artificial tree without telling anyone I was getting it. We have downsized since then and now have a table top 3 footer. We have a small living room. To get the fresh scent of pine I hide a pine scented candle behind the tree, unlit of course.

Lunch
What is the earliest and latest you have ever sent out your Christmas cards?
One time and one time only I sent the cards out before Thanksgiving. One year I had all of the cards addressed and stamped by the 2ND week in December but they did not go out until after the new year. I don't send cards out now. The price of stamps has gotten too high.

DinnerDo you decorate the outside of your house?
I decorate the inside windows so that they can be seen from the outside. All around the frames with lights. There isn't any way to hang lights on the outside of our house, so I make due. I would have a house that looks like the Lampoon's Christmas Vacation house if I could.

Midnight Snack
How close are you to being done with your Christmas shopping?
I have one more gift to buy. I know what I am buying so this should not be a big deal. This year I only had 7 to buy for so my job is easy.

Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)

For this week the recipe is : It will get done when it gets done. I have been under the weather and was panicking for a while of all the things not done. But I am only one person. So, it will get done when it gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment