December 30, 2009
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
Yes, but I am such a wimp that I have done it just not to hurt feelings. However, I do look at the person's mouth before doing so. I don't want some icky germ thing coming my way.
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
I learned how to blog. I started sometime last Spring. I can't remember when exactly and don't feel like looking right now, but it is new and fun and wonderful.
Plus, I learned that sometimes my 25 year old son is wiser than his mother.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
Whenever the mood strikes me. I have been known to leave the village up until February. The tree comes down usually the second week of January, after the feast of the Epiphany, which this year is January 6th. As a kid that is always when we took the tree down. I think because that was our gift. But because we have not had Christmas with our son yet we will leave the tree up longer.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
I would like to get the last of my Christmas gifts in the mail this week.
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I don't like winter before Christmas so there is no way I am going to like it after Christmas. I want Spring and I want it now!!!
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
I have shopped some online sales. I just don't feel like venturing out this week. I love the sales though.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Kind of sort of. Husband and I are having chicken wings for dinner. That's it nothing else. We allow ourselves New Years Eve to really junk out on things like chicken wings or frozen appetizers. We might watch a movie or something but it will be pretty much like nay other night.
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
I am hoping for a trip to Minneapolis soon. I have not been down there since October and need a city fix.
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
I guess maybe a dramatic suspenseful thriller comedy. If you could see my house sometimes you would agree. Sometimes my husband and I talk for a long time before we realize that we are talking about two different topics.
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
I wouldn't dream of lying. I don't know how you would know, but I believe you. It takes me a few hours to read all of the blogs that I follow. I don't post at my own blog daily which is something I would like to change but don't know if I have something worthwhile saying everyday.
11. Who runs your household?
I do. I do the cooking, the cleaning, the shopping, the bill paying. I take the animals to the vet if they need to go. I make the doctor appointments. I do all the driving. That is not a complaint really, well maybe, but my husband has agoraphobia and is not able to do most of these things. And it has become increasingly difficult for him to do easy household tasks without an anxiety attack.
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
I don't normally have hopes or dreams. I just want to get through each day. But for 2010 I think I do have a hope/dream. I would like to write the story that got be started blogging in the first place.