Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random Dozen - April 28, 2010

Random Dozen
April 28, 2010

1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
If you know anything about the Twin Cities area,you know that people from Minneapolis don't go to St.Paul and vice versa. I don't have a passport to St. Paul and I don't even know what language they speak across the river from where I used to live. Anyway, yes I have been so lost that I was afraid, very afraid. I was in downtown St. Paul, almost out of gas, during rush hour on a Friday evening, and didn't know how I got there or how to get home. This was way before cell phones. I was scared, terrified that I was going to run out of gas there. I cried. My prayers were answered and I made it back to Minneapolis before running out of gas. A nasty experience.
2. Have you ever been to an island?
There was a place I used to go to in Canada, we had to take a boat to an island to get our food supply. There wasn't any electricity where we stayed and the food was kept on this island buried under ground.
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
I am a thinking feeler. I have to think about what I am feeling and why. I can't just feel I have to know why.
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I don't know. I mean I know right from wrong and that would be black or white. But sometimes things seem gray. See? I am confused.
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)

Funny to get island questions a day after watching Castaway.
I would like to have the Jan Karon series about Father Tim with me. It is light hearted and pure and would give me hope.
6. What are you most afraid of?
I am afraid of a lingering illness that would be hard on my son. Also heights, and bugs.
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
I would rather make new memories. Imagine new surprises, new friends, new places, new foods,new books.
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
One picture would be of Minneapolis with me standing on Nicollet Mall by Mary Tyler Moore, because I love Minneapolis especially the downtown area. Second picture would be of me standing in my woods because I love my woods. The third would be of me with all of my family because my family means everything to me.
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
First off I would be married in a church by a minister or priest. I would have a wedding cake which I didn't have in the real one. I would also like to have a wedding shower. And I would wear a different type dress, not a real wedding dress just different than the suit I wore. I'd have flowers too.
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
It has to be complete and sincere.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
Sometimes I try and guess who the person's doctor is and why they are being seen and if they are contagious.
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
I would hope that this other woman would be a better person. Would be more caring and less selfish. That she would be a better knitter.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your answers. The island with the food buried on it sounds intriguing...I enjoy getting to know more about you through these memes...
    I'm still struggling with my "symptoms" but have done research, and am about to begin some vitamin and nutritional supliments, which are supposed to help. It's been a long month...Kathy

    ReplyDelete