Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Dozen - April 13, 2010

Random Dozen
April 13, 2010


1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
I think of the styles shown are kind of cute. They aren't made for my feet but cute anyway. My feet will scare small children and old ladies so I don't like to draw attention to them.
2. What is your favorite pizza?
I like to have 1/2 with sausage, green pepper, onion, and shrimp the other 1/2 with Canadian bacon and pineapple with extra cheese. Oh does that crate a craving or what??
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
I would want to own the hats worn by Barbra Streisand in the movies Funny Girl and Funny Lady. They were spectacular.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
That would be Tobies. Anywhere you go in my state when a person hears the name of my town the comment will be, " Oh Tobies. Home of the caramel roll."
5. What is your current favorite snack?
I like to have Cheez-it crackers with Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Tea. Or chocolate.
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor
Well not Dancing, because I have no rhythm and therefore can't dance. Survivor wouldn't work because I could not go that long without shaving or being really clean. Biggest loser because it might just be the place for me to take off what I need to and to learn how to keep it off.
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
Right now at the end of winter (yes, I cna still say that), it would be about a 3. In the summer it gets up to about a 7. But winter with all of it's wetness the floors get yucky, and the seats hold extra hats, gloves, scarves, etc. Not too mention a propane heater, blankets, rope, extra socks, and a pair of boots. Oh, and an ice scrapper and extra windshield cleaner.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
I put my Birkenstocks on for the first time without socks.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
Sorry,but I haven't had a good laugh in a while.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
The last year or so I have been working really hard at learning to be more tactful. Or maybe I should say learning how to be tactful, not HOW just to BE tactful. It is something I am not good at.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. Barbara De Angelis.
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
Boy, you got me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment