Monday, November 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Week of Thanksgiving 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook
Week of Thanksgiving 2009

The time now is 8:35 central time. I decided to start adding the time so as not to confuse anyone who might read mine. I am never on the computer during the day, so for me the Daybook really is a night book.

1. Outside my window it was raining all day today. Very Non-November like.

2. I am thinking about Thanksgiving day without turkey and all the fixings. We decided to not do a big deal dinner this year because it is just the two of us. We will have a chicken but not all the fuss. I am also trying to figure out how to buy the microwave Wal-Mart will have on sale come Friday.

3. I am thankful for good friends. Friends that even when they are sicker than sick call to see how you are feeling.

4. I am wearing pink plaid pajamas. I have socks and slippers on my feet. The floor is cold tonight. I also have a shawl around my shoulders.

5. I am remembering the day after sales of past years. My mom and I always took the day off from work to hit the stores in downtown Minneapolis. We would have lunch at Dayton's and go through the auditorium display. We often even got our hair down while downtown. We did most of our Christmas shopping that day. It is a very special memory to me.

6. I am going to finish cleaning the house tomorrow (I hope), so that I can start to decorate for Christmas.

7. I am reading four books right now. I can't seem to settle down to any one.

8. I am hoping to make a list of things that I want to bake for Christmas. Right now I would like to bake everything in my cookbooks so I need to narrow it down a bit.

9. On my mind today is my brother and his wife. Like many other people they are having financial problems. Most of their problems because they have had physical problems this last year. He started a new job but I am worried that it ended before it really had a chance. My brother tends to have be hot headed. So I worry. But at the same time I know, even if they don't, that God will meet their needs and hold them in the palm of His hand.

10. I am learning to ignore and let go of things that used to bother me. It is hard thing to learn.

11. I am noticing that it does not look like Thanksgiving around here. We usually at least have a little bit of snow on the ground. I am praying that we don't have a muddy Christmas, which we will have if it doesn't quit raining.

12. I am pondering these words: (in part) The St. Francis Prayer...Lord, let me be an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred let me sow love.
ANd so on.

13. From the kitchen: tomorrow we will have a pork roast with potatoes, green beans and rice for dinner.

14. Around the house the cats are playing tag. I think they just like to slide through the kitchen on the floor and then run into the living room onto the carpet. They take turns on who is it. Silly guys.

15. One of my favorite things is having those silly guys on my lap and feeling their warmth and listening to their purrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment