Food 4 Thought
Friday November 21, 2009
My favorite Thanksgiving feast food is the dressing for those of us in the north, or stuffing for those in the south. Thanksgiving and turkey would not be the same without it.
What I am most grateful for at this moment is a full tummy. I was so hungry before dinner.
What will be different about this Thanksgiving is that we are not having a turkey ( I know...gasp). But it is just my husband and I and he doesn't like turkey so I am making a chicken.
Where I am spending Thanksgiving is at home. I am preparing the whole meal.
Recipe for the Week
Store clerks seem unusually cranky this year. I am determined to give them a smile and a thank you no matter how rude they might be. Maybe my kindness will bring a change in them that they can pass on. I guess this is more for the entire season and not just this week.
1. We need to focus on loving each other.
2. An old memory from my past just popped up and it made me laugh out loud.
3. If you want to be loved, then give love.
4. I love Thanksgiving because it is a time for family. And because of the next day sales.
5. Massachusetts has a proposed 5% tax on elective cosmetic surgery; I think that it is an unfair tax. Legal taxes are something that everyone is charged. It is like "taxation without representation", one of the reason the colonists came to this country.
6. Family all gathered together is the most special time of all.
7. And as for this weekend Tonight I am just doing online things and relaxing Tomorrow I am going to try and clean house and do some holiday baking. Sunday I have not yet decided what I will do.