Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Heads Or Tails - The Tuesday Meme

For the week of June 30Th the topic is TOOLS.

The first actual tool I ever received was from my cousin. He gave me a hammer in my Christmas Stocking.

It was a well loved hammer. It had tape around the handle. Not to hold it together but for a better grip. The pounding part (head, maybe?) was smashed a little from use.

I loved this hammer. It meant a lot to me that he would give up his hammer.
When I got married my husband bought me a new hammer. I politely told him thanks but no thanks. I wanted my banged up old hammer.

He didn't understand. Almost twenty years later whenever I pull out my old taped up hammer with the banged up pounder, he frowns at me.

My hammer has had a good life and hopefully will continue to serve me much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment