Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April's Fool

The subject today at One Minute Writer is jokes that we may have pulled or had heard about.

I love this day.

The prank I pulled on my room mate started the night before on the 31st. She and I had discussed getting a dog. She said no way. I begged. I pleaded. But, in the end I conceded and we didn't get a dog.

Now this room mate could not see with out her glasses. Keep that is mind, please. I was already sleeping when she came home the night of the 31st. When she got home there was a pile of doggie dew on the hallway rug and the rug in her bedroom. Actually it was dog food soaked in water to make it mushy. There was also a mysterious puddle in the kitchen and bathroom. Just plain water made the puddles.

The next morning I got up first to implement the next stage of my prank. I had purchased a small fury dog that ran on batteries. It walked and barked and wagged it's tail.

My room mate was sitting at the kitchen table with this disgusting angry look on her face. I set the dog down on the floor in the hallway and turn it on. It barked and made it's way into the kitchen. Her look of anger turned to a look of horror.

She said, "What have you done??!!" I couldn't hold it in, I burst out laughing. She just sat there and stared at me. I picked the pooch up and asked if she would like to hold him. Of course she declined. I forced him on her anyway. She took hold of him and picked up her glasses.

Her horror became delight when she realized that I had kept our deal and that she had been pranked.

Another time I spoofed my boss on April 1st. I don't remember where I got them, but I had some very strong heavy duty rubber bands. They were huge.

While my boss was out to lunch that day, I took the binders into her office. I lifted up the back legs of her desk and slipped a binder around each leg. I then took the binder and attached each on to the legs of her chair. I pushed her chair back to it's place and left he office.

When she returned from lunch, she tried to pull her chair out but it kept bouncing back under her desk. She pulled and pulled. It bounced and bounced.

She kept this up for a few minutes. She finally came out and looked straight at me. There was merriment in my eyes. She knew that I was the responsible party.

Good thing she had a great sense if humor.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! You are definitely a true prankster. :) I'd have liked to have witnessed both of those!

    ReplyDelete